Monday, October 3, 2011

78% savings at CVS this week.... Freebies Galore

Hey guys it's been a few days since I have posted anything and I hope everyone is having an amazing start of the week. WELCOME TO OCTOBER!!! Last night I went to CVS and had an incredible haul. This is a slower week but if you need certain products this is the week to get them. Well let's see how I did.



Keep in mind I walked into CVS with $11 on each card from my purchases last week and received $1.50 ECB's for card 1 and $2 ECB's for card 2 for my summer spending (each quarter CVS rewards you for your purchases by giving your back 2% of your total OOP) .

T1C2: I purchased
3-30 load gain powder detergents originally 10.99 but on sale for 5.97
1 Tide liquid detergent on sale for 5.97 from 8.79
1 bounty 8 roll of paper towels on sale from 7.49 from 12.79

I used:
$1 off any tide
3-$2 off any gain powder
and my $13 in ECB's

My OOP was 13.36 after tax and I received $10 in ECB's for purchasing $30 worth of the select products. So technically I spent $3.36 for this entire transaction NOT BAD

*before I go to the next transaction I want to address the "technically part". I had a hard time deciding if I would count the ECB's that I receive towards my OOP and here is what  conclusion I came up with. When you purchase something and earn cash back you are free to use the money on something else. Well ECB's (and other types of store monies) are considered cash at that store so yes I will be adding it in my total OOP. I paid 13 out of my pocket by they gave me 10 back so I only am out of 3. I will continue to show both ways for anyone who does not consider it part of your savings. **

T2C2:
2 -24oz Dove Body Washes on sale for $6 from $8.99
1 -12oz Dove shampoo on sale for $3 from $4.49

I used:
2-1 off any dove body wash
$10 in ECB's from T1

My OOP was 4.05 and I received a $5 ECB for purchasing $15 in the select dove products. So technically this was a FREEEEEEBIIIEEEE

T3C1:
*note you can only use the ECB's associated with a particular card so we are starting this transaction with what I walked in the door with*
5-12oz Dove shampoo's
1 Tylenol Precise heat patches regularly priced at 7.79

I used:
2 B1G1 free coupons for the dove (from this weeks Sunday paper)
1-$3 off any Tylenol precise patch
$12.50 in ECB's

My OOP was 2.71 and I received $7 back in ECB's ( 2 for purchasing the Tylenol patch and 5 for the dove deal)... Can you say FREEEEEEE AGAIN

T4C1:
2 cover girl blushes on sale for B1G1 50% off so it was 5.99 for the two
2 cover girl loose powder same deal here
1 CVS brand makeup removing pads
1 2% milk

I used:
2-$8 off two cover girl face products!!!!!!
$7 in ECB's from the previous transaction

My OOP was 5.09 for this transaction with no ECB's in return.

So all together before coupons or sales my total was $116.32 and I paid $25.21 a savings of $91.11 or 78%

No comments:

Post a Comment