Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip

First I want to address the reason it may seem I shop so much. Each week stores have weekly sales and these items will not go back on sale until the sale cycle comes back around. So unless you have enough of that product to last about 6 weeks you want to go ahead and pick it up... So lets see how I did...


Harris Teeter:

Here is a great deal without any coupons. Reynolds Wrap sheet are on clearance for .64 each. I snagged two of these for 1.28 which is less then it's original price. Mueller's pasta is on sale this week for $1 each and my .55 coupon doubled to 1.10 which made it completely free.. Remember Harris Teeter does not do overages but doubles to the amount of the item. My Fiance' and son love brownies so any deal on them I usually try and get. This week Pillsbury brownies are on a B1G1 sale so each box rings up for half price which is $1.14. I paired that with a coupon for .55 which doubles to 1.10.. 1.14-1.10= .04 for each box of brownies I purchased.
Lastly O-CEL-O sponges are on clearance for 1.44 I had a .75 coupon that doubles to $1.50. Sounds like free sponges right. Not this time. The cashier gave me a hardtime. The coupon was for two sponges and me buying a two pack was not good enough for her. I do not arge with cashiers they are just doing their job but I did get a good deal from Walmart.

My Harris Teeter total was $29.47 before sales and coupons, my oop total was $10.27. I saved $19.20 or 65%... Great savings for brownies, aluminum foil, pop tarts, cereal, spaghetti, a 2 litter and kiddie pasta dinners.

Now on to Walmart...
My Walmart total was $14.54 before coupons, my after coupon total was $5.54. I purchased Augratin potatoes, Enfamil, baby juice, and those sponges I didn't purchase at Harris Teeter. The enfamil alone was $4.32 so I think I did pretty well at Walmart this week.
Please search your city+couponing to find a website that matches coupons with circulars so you can start saving too.. Some of the websites I use are http://www.couponmom.com/http://www.southernsavers.com/ and http://www.krazycouponlady.com/ ... These websites go more indept on how to start couponing, couponing at drug stores (a little more strategy but amazing savings) and coupon matchups.

1 comment: