Sunday, July 31, 2011

7/31 Walgreens Haul

Drug stores are the best place to stock up on all of your personal care items such as lotion, body wash, and deodorants. I was an only CVS shopper but the past two weeks Walgreen has had better deals so I have been giving them a shot.. Their coupon policies are a little tighter but once you get a hang of it they are a great store..

Here are a couple Walgreens couponing facts:
1. Each week they have deals where if you buy an item, a certain amount of items, or a certain dollar amount of items you get back Register Rewards.Register Rewards are dollars off your next purchase and by rolling these is how you leave with a lot of product and pay barely anything out of pocket.

2. At walgreens you have to have the same amount of items as coupons including register rewards.. For instance if you are purchasing 2 body washes and you have a coupon for each then you are fine but if you want to pay for them using a register reward that you already have you must add a filler item to take your item count to 3 matching your coupon count..

3. Lastly all  Walgreens deal are technically limit 1.. .There is no place that states this but if they are having a sale where if you buy 2 dove soaps you receive $2 in register rewards and you try to turn right around and buy 2 more dove soaps and pay with the register rewards you just received you will not get another register reward at the end of your transaction. To avoid this you have to alternate transactions if you want to do a promotion more than once..

So here is what I got




This week walgreens has a lot of deals that went with coupons that are expiring today (7/31)

If you purchase 4 of a select group of cereal, snacks or bars you receive $5 in register rewards. I did this offer twice (having transactions in between) and received $10 in register rewards.

crayola washable markers are on sale for $2 and you receive a $2 register reward making them free

m&m's are on sale 2/6 for the 9.9oz bag and you receive a $1 register reward for purchasing them, I also had a $1 off coupon for each bag...

Head and Shoulders were on sale for 2/6 and you received a $4 register reward for purchasing them, expiring today was a coupon for B1G1 free so I paid for one bottle and still revived the reward.

Crest Pro Health mouthwash is on sale for 3.99 and you receive a $1 register reward. I also had a $2 off coupon that expired today that I used.

My favorite item was the Gillette Pro Glide Razor. It is on sale for 9.99 and you receive a $4 register reward. They had the regular razor but included in the deal was the a package deal where you got a razor, shaving cream, face wash and cooling lotion... I had a $4 off coupon for the razor and it worked for the entire set...

My filler items were eraser heads that my son needs for school which are .29 with the in add coupon and folders which are on sale for .11 this week. 
I also used Register Rewards that I earned and purchased two Sunday newspapers ...
My out of pocket (OOP) was around 5.00 total including tax.. Not bad at all for all the items I purchased.

I also walked out with $8 in register rewards that I will be using towards next week's purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment