Sunday, July 10, 2011

$3.00 Challenge.. See what I got today with just $3 in change

Today I challenged myself to seeing how much I could get with only the change in my pocket... I had about $3.33 in change starting out and visited Target and Staples in search of school supplies...

I spent about $2.50 give or take and purchased:

40 digital photo prints.. This week basic prints are 10/$1 @ Target I used a target $2/20 prints coupon = Free
4 sharpies.. Two pack sharpies are on sale for a $1@ Target and I used a target $1 off sharpie  coupon =Free
20 papermate pens .. They were on sale for 1.02@ Target, I used a target $1 off papermate  coupon= .02 each
20 mechanical pencils ... on sale @ Staples, each 5 pack is .25
pencil case .25 @ Staples
2 Rose Art glue sticks .20 @ Target
5 folders with pockets and paper slots in the middle .15 each @ Target

I must say I did good and I had change to spare... I did this to show everyone that it is easy to save money and the majority of my savings were made with no coupons at all... My son's as well as my own school shopping is about of 1/3 done and for about $2.50...

No comments:

Post a Comment