Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Small but totally free haul

Today I had to run to Walmart to get some milk and eggs for my house and decided to use my coupons for free items as well. I also stopped at Walgreens to see what else I could score from this weeks sales. Let's see how I did.
I purchased from Walgreens a Complete Solution ( I purchased ReNu Solution last week from Walgreens but you can never have too many when you are a contact wearer), and two folders. I walked into Walgreens with Register Rewards totalling $8. I had a $5, a $2 and a $1. Since they were actually three separate register rewards the computer sees them as 3 separate coupons so I needed 2 fillers to make me have 3 items in my transaction. The folders are on sale for .11 this week, my son uses them in school and I keep papers in them so it's a good deal all around. The best thing about this transaction is the register reward promotion on the complete solution. When you purchase the solution for $8 you receive an $8 reward so technically it is FREE!!!
I spent .80 OOP for this transaction and walked out with $8 in Register Rewards...

Now on to Walmart...

This week in the newspaper(7/31) there was a P&G Saver which had a lot of really good coupons on P&G items. Well There was a $1 off any Tide and $1 off any Cascade which got me these items for free (the Tide trial packs were all out at my store but I will be getting them whenever they restock). The Tide travel one load pouch is priced at .97 so using the coupon gained you an overage of .03. Same thing with the trial sized Cascade. Your dishwasher and washing machine doesn't care if the detergent used is from a trial sized package so why should you...

All in all I think this was a great haul... I may stop by walgreens one more time this week. I don't know if I want to hang on to my $8 in register rewards or let it dwindle a little to snag some more products on sale this week.

Anywho Happy Couponing

No comments:

Post a Comment