Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weekly Harris Teeter Shopping Trip

Wednesday I did my weekly shopping trip at Harris Teeter and did pretty good. I purchased a lot of things my family uses on a daily basis. I did stop at Walgreens to pick up a few more things with my Register Rewards that I have but everything on my list was sold out. I don't know how Walgreens product ordering works but I would think that managers would order more than a couple items that are on sale for the week.. Maybe it's just me... Anywho here is what I got from Harris Teeter
I purchased:
1 Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread (this is my families standard bread so it's always nice when it goes on sale), originally priced at 2.89 on sale B1G1 so each rings up half priced at 1.24.

12 Kraft Macaroni & Cheeses... I had no coupons for this item but they were are originally $1.19 at Harris Teeter and were on sale for .50!!! I usually see Kraft on sale for a dollar or so but this price is definitely a stock up price for me. I was only going to purchase 8 (I didn't want to clear the shelf) but once I spotted a end cap full of macaroni and cheese I snagged 4 more. My total OOP for this product was $6 for 12 boxes.

4 cans of Pringles. At first glance the pringle deal didn't seem to great to me. They are originally $1.99 and on sale this week for $1.50. I had a $1 off 4 coupon so my OOP would have been about $5 for 4 cans or $1.25 each. Not too great. But in going through my ecoupons (Harris Teeter has a coupon database on their website that they offer to evic(customers who receive emails)  customers. These coupons are loaded to your card and deducted automatically at the register.) of $1 off 4 bring my OOP to $4 or $1 a can. That I can work with.

2 Uncle Ben's whole grain white rice's... If you read my blog you know my family loves rice and I try and keep this stocked in the house. I had a coupon for $.75 off which doubled to 1.50 that was expiring in a few days and wanted to use it. This item was not on sale, it was $2.39 - 1.50(my doubled coupon) =.89 each.. I had 2 coupons so I purchased two boxes so OOP I paid $1.78. Not bad especially for a product that was not on sale. These boxes last me about 2 meals and I already have plenty so great deal.

1 Muellers whole grain angel hair pasta. I had a $1 off any muellers whole grain coupon that I was saving for a sale. Well a sale never came and the coupon was expiring before my next shopping trip so I went ahead and used it. They are priced at $1.79 - $1 (my coupon.. only coupons under .99 double) = $.79 still a great deal.

1 Harris Teeter brand apple juice. This item I had no coupon for but my husband's favorite juice is apple juice and it is a must have in my house. The store brand is just as good as any other and it was a few cents off. It is originally priced at $2.99 but was on sale this week for $1.87.

2 20oz Hunts ketchups. This item was not on my original shopping list but I saw it on sale in the circular and needed to get a few for my home anyway. They are originally $1.79 and on sale for $1.25. Not too great that's why I only purchased 2 but I needed ketchup so I got some. Since I paid 2 my OOP was $2.50.

2 GoGurts. I am always skeptical about buying this product because they are never priced just right for me. But my son loves them and I actually like to freeze them and eat them that way so I give in sometimes. They are normally $2.79. They are on sale for 2.50 this week and I had a coupon for $.75 off 2 boxes bringing the price to $3.50(remember my coupons double at harris teeter) for the two boxes. To sweeten the deal I had an ecoupon of $.75 off 2 boxes (ecoupons DO NOT DOUBLE) leaving me with an OOP of $2.75 for the two packages or $1.37 each.

2 boxes of lean pockets. These were on sale for $2 each. Not a great price but my husband eats these in the mornings or for a quick lunch so I try to keep them in the house. They are originally $2.50 so it's a little savings. My OOP was $4

1 Luigi italian ice 6 pack. I love these I grew up on them and they are so refreshing... They are originally $3.39 but on sale for B1G1 so each rings up at $1.69. I paired a $1 off coupon with this sale so my OOP was $.69.

1 package of Angus Beef Stew meat. There really aren't too many coupons for meat and fresh produce so if you see a sale get it. I usually pick up a piece of meat or 2 every week to keep my freezer stocked with options. This originally $4.44 and on sale for $3.85 it's a pretty decent size package so I purchased it.

2 packages of country crock spreadable sticks.. They are originally $2.19 and on sale for $1.67. I used my $.40 off coupon that to bring my price per package to $.87. I purchased 2 packages so my OOP was $1.74 for two packages of butter.

2 bottles of Baileys creamer. This was not on my list and I only saw this item because there was a blinkie (coupons in stores that you take out little dispenser machines) machine next to them. The coupon was for $1 off 2 creamers and they were originally $2.59 but on sale for $2.19. My OOP was $3.38 for the two creamers. Not too great I actually read the coupon wrong I thought it was $1 off each but it still was a pretty ok bargin.

6 yoplait yogurts. They were priced at $.70 each not a great price but it balances out with other stores because Harris Teeter doubles coupons and most other stores do not. I paired a $.40 off 6 coupon with this so my OOP was $3.40 for 6 yougurts. Not the best deal but I didn't want to go to another store so I got the needed yogurt.

2 minute maid enhanced juices. These juices are really good and my coupon was about to expire so I was glad to see there was a sale going on this week. They are originally $2.99 but on sale for $2.49 I paired my $.75 off coupon with this sale and each $.99 each. I purchased two juices so my OOP was $1.98 for both juices.

1 mortons season salt. These are originally prices at $2.49 and I paired my $.60 coupon with it making it cost $1.29...

*whew that's it.. that was alot right**

62% savings...
( I don't strive for 90% savings every time I shop.. I feel great with anything over 50% and almost any savings at places like Walmart that don't have weekly sales or double coupons.. It's about saving on what your family needs NOT having a bunch of unessesary products)










HAPPY COUPONING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment