Monday, August 22, 2011

Quick Walgreens Haul 8/22

Today I happened to be near a Walgreens and decided to go in and pick up a few more things. I wanted to get some of the snacks on sale since my son needs a snack for school daily and in efforts to stock up on body wash another Dial. This is what I got today:
CLICK HERE to view you tube video of this haul

let's break it down...
T1: 4 Soft Batch chocolate chip cookies on sale 4/$10.. I had no coupons for this item so I paid 10 OOP and received a 5 register reward.

T2: 4 rice krispy treats they were also on sale for 4/$10. I used two 1 off two boxes coupons bringing my OOP down to 8 (you can use the register reward to pay for this transaction but you will not get another register reward because they are the same promotion). I received another 5 register reward for this transaction.

T3: 1 Soft Botanical perm on sale for 4.99 and 1 pack of index cards on sale for .39 with the in ad coupon. I had no coupons for this transaction but did use one of my 5 register rewards bringing my OOP to .76. I then received a 4 register reward for the perm.

T4: 1 Dial body wash on sale for 3.99, 2 papermate pens priced at .29 with the in ad coupon, 1 pack of index cards and 1 mini notebook priced at .49 (I am just noticing she did not mark them down to the in ad price). My OOP after using my second 5 register reward was .83. I received a 3 register reward for purchasing the Dial soap. I originally was going to pick up 2 Walgreens bleach on sale this week for .99 with the in ad coupon but they were completely sold out. So Plan B was picking up school supplies. This shows that you can only guarantee getting everything on your list if you get there at opening on Sunday. Always have a plan B.

So... I purchased 48.55 worth of product for 19.59 that is a savings of 28.96 or 59% ... not bad for a spur of the moment; minimal coupons haul.

I was going to purchase another air wick freshmatic compact kit but the cashier was kind enough to let me know they had been having issues with the register reward printing and I would need to mail in a rebate form for the reward. I decided to not do the deal. Speaking of my cashier this was the best experience I had ever had at a Walgreens. The cashier stopped stocking shelves and opened the cosmetic counter to ring me and another customer up. She was very polite and didn't mind my transactions. I will be going to this Walgreens from now on. It was a totally different vibe from the one I usually go to and I must say I may become a Wags girl if I continue to get great service.



No comments:

Post a Comment